GB call-up for St Neots dragon boat crew member
- Credit: Archant
Here is the newest international sportsman from St Neots...
Gavin Sinclair has earned selection for the Great Britain Elite team to compete in the World Nations Championships being staged in Canada in August.
Sinclair is a competitor and a coach for the St Neots Dragon Boat Team and came through the final GB selection process over the weekend on his home water – the River Great Ouse.
Sinclair said: “I am absolutely overjoyed to be selected. The last year has required exceptional commitment and dedication to my paddling technique and fitness.
“I owe a huge amount of thanks to my partner Shell and family for putting up with me, my crew at St Neots for their support and encouragement and also to the team at RealFit Conditioning and Education who have helped me achieve levels of fitness I didn’t think were possible.
You may also want to watch:
“I now have five months to continue to enhance my technique, strength and conditioning training and go and win that gold medal for Britain.”
Sinclair is seeking sponsorship for his World Nations Championships glory bid. Anyone interested can make contact by email to email@example.com or visit www.stneotsdbt.co.uk.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 5 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'