Gay the number one guy for St Neots
- Credit: IAN BURT
St Neots Town have completed the signing of a new goalkeeper today - and it is a case of third time lucky for manager David Batch.
The Saints have drafted in Danny Gay, a 32 year-old former Chelmsford, King’s Lynn, Needham Market and Leiston shot-stopper.
Batch had twice failed to land Gay when managing at previous clubs so he is delighted to finally get his man.
He said: “Danny brings experience, strength of character and very good distribution to the club.
“I’m very pleased to have added him to what is becoming a very talented and athletic squad.”
Batch will have two goalkeepers in his squad next season. He will run the rule over Jamie Greygooose and a couple of trialists in pre-season.
It has been a busy spell of recruitment for Saints after they drafted in hot-shot striker Tom Meechan from Godmanchester Rovers. Click here to see the story.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 4 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 10 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group