Gay the number one guy for St Neots
- Credit: IAN BURT
St Neots Town have completed the signing of a new goalkeeper today - and it is a case of third time lucky for manager David Batch.
The Saints have drafted in Danny Gay, a 32 year-old former Chelmsford, King’s Lynn, Needham Market and Leiston shot-stopper.
Batch had twice failed to land Gay when managing at previous clubs so he is delighted to finally get his man.
He said: “Danny brings experience, strength of character and very good distribution to the club.
“I’m very pleased to have added him to what is becoming a very talented and athletic squad.”
You may also want to watch:
Batch will have two goalkeepers in his squad next season. He will run the rule over Jamie Greygooose and a couple of trialists in pre-season.
It has been a busy spell of recruitment for Saints after they drafted in hot-shot striker Tom Meechan from Godmanchester Rovers. Click here to see the story.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status