Game called off due to dry pitch
HUNTINGDON Town FC has been forced to cancel their prestigious pre-season friendly game with Cambridge United. The game against the Nationwide Conference club had been scheduled for Monday evening, but the hot weather has left Town s Jubilee Park pitch bo
HUNTINGDON Town FC has been forced to cancel their prestigious pre-season friendly game with Cambridge United.
The game against the Nationwide Conference club had been scheduled for Monday evening, but the hot weather has left Town's Jubilee Park pitch bone dry.
Huntingdon chairman Hans Reif said: "We had the pitch drained at the end of last season, a process that involved putting holes in the pitch. Unfortunately with the recent heatwave those holes have widened and the pitch is very dry indeed.
"I've spoken to (Cambridge United manager) Rob Newman about the situation and he has been very understanding and agreed to rearrange the fixture for October. He's got a small squad as it is and we certainly wouldn't want to be responsible for any injuries to his players."
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile the club are looking for a qualified first aider with ambitions of becoming a physiotherapist to assist the team on matchdays. If you are interested in the position, contact Hans Reif on 07793486460.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder