GALLERY: St Neots fail to take chances in narrow defeat
- Credit: Archant
A scruffy goal conceded and a glaring miss contributed to a losing return to East League action for St Neots Men’s 1sts on Saturday.
They were beaten 1-0 by Wisbech 2nds in a Division Three North-West clash with the only goal arriving after a quarter-of-an-hour of play.
It followed a shoddy short-corner routine and some even sloppier defending from a St Neots team who were much improved in the second half.
The closest they came to a leveller was when Chris Butterworth missed an open goal.
Nathan Reed also shot wide from a good position while a host of short-corner opportunities were not finished.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots’ hopes of snatching an equaliser were hit by the loss of player-coach Jamie Cluer to a yellow card late on. Brett Nunn was their man-of-the-match.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k