Gallery: Men's Hockey Round-Up
Men s East Men s League Division 1 Wapping 2nds 3, St Ives 0 East Men s League Division 4NW St Ives 2nds 1, Market Deeping 2nds 1 St Ives struggle to put away their chances at Market Deeping and fail to close the gap on the league leaders, settling fo
East Men's League Division 1
Wapping 2nds 3, St Ives 0
East Men's League Division 4NW
You may also want to watch:
St Ives 2nds 1, Market Deeping 2nds 1
St Ives struggle to put away their chances at Market Deeping and fail to close the gap on the league leaders, settling for a 1-1 draw.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
Poor finishing prevented St Ives Seconds from closing the gap on league leaders Market Deeping. The Ives struggled to get going early on but gradually began to dominate the game, creating numerous chances which they failed to score. Pat Cooney finally broke the deadlock seven minutes from the end with a penalty corner and St Ives looked to have won as they kept possession. Deeping had other ideas though, stealing possession one minute from time and scoring to ensure they took their share of the points. St Ives go into the mid-season break third in the league with having taken only one point from the last two games.
St Ives 3rds 0, St Neots 2nds 5
St Ives 3rds were crushed in the local derby as they failed to finish their chances. The game was goalless near the break, but St Neots scored from two penalty corners at the end of the half. They bagged a third as the second half got underway, and this led to a St Ives attack with the game getting out of sight. Injuries soon reduced the Ives to ten players and St Neots grabbed two break away goals to complete the rout.
East Men's League Division 5NW
St Neots 3rds 6, St Ives 4ths 0
East Men's League Division 7NW
St Ives 5ths 3, Rutland 5ths 0
St Ives were awarded a 3-0 win as Rutland failed to field a team and thus forfeited the game.