Gallery: Godmanchester II held to a draw by Foxton I
GODMANCHESTER II produced a number of excellent individual performances but were held to a frustrating draw by Foxton I on Saturday. BEN Clements showed his class with a knock of 90 at the top of the innings, and his excellent score was supplemented by an
GODMANCHESTER II produced a number of excellent individual performances but were held to a frustrating draw by Foxton I on Saturday.
BEN Clements showed his class with a knock of 90 at the top of the innings, and his excellent score was supplemented by an impressive 71 from Simon Cafferkey. Together they ensured that Godmanchester reached 240-8.
Foxton lost an opener without a run on the board to hand Godmanchester control, and the target began to appear more imposing. Jamie Rice (3-52) had some joy against the batsmen, and Adam Rendall and Cafferkey each picked up two wickets to take Godmanchester to the brink of a deserved win.
Agonisingly, the final Foxton partnership frustrated the bowlers, standing firm at 165-9 for the draw.
You may also want to watch:
Godmanchester II captain Paul Berrill praised the individual performances in his team, but was disappointed they had been unable to seal the win.
"It was a good match with several outstanding performances," he said.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
"The attitude during the game was first-rate and, to be fair, Foxton were very lucky to escape with a draw.