GALLERY: Eynesbury concede late winner in Desborough defeat
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers conceded a last-minute goal to suffer a home loss against Desborough Town.
They had lost their debutant goalkeeper, Adam Lawrence, to injury seven minutes from time and Tom Coles took the No 1 shirt. He made a good save from David Glass but was unable to prevent Shaun Goodall from firing home a low shot in stoppage time.
Earlier Aidan Bradshaw had given the visitors the lead in the 22nd minute when he cut in from the right flank before beating Lawrence with his shot. Rovers responded well and created chances but could not make the break through before half time. Shaun Flack and Jordan Nicholson both had shots blocked whilst Tom Coles saw his header saved by Tom March in the Desborough goal. Michael Byrne had a get chance to make it 2-0 as he was put clear but he shot straight at Adam Lawrence.
Just three minutes into the second half Eynesbury equalised as Jordan Nicholson rounded off a good move to slot the ball past March to score his first goal for the club. A minute later March produced a fine save to deny Nicholson from a header after a superb run and cross from Flack. The visiting goalkeeper again kept Rovers at bay as he dived to his right to push away a goal bound shot from Alex Marsh.
In the 68th minute Desborough regained the lead, against the run of play, as Luke Cummins effort from the left wing went into the far corner of the goal. However, just seven minutes later Eynesbury drew level when Lee Bassett scored from the edge of the penalty area after a good pass from Marsh.
You may also want to watch:
Shaun Goodall beat his marker but his shot was off target for Desborough whilst Lawrence tipped a Bradshaw shot over the bar. Eynesbury then lost their goalkeeper through injury and conceded a late goal through Goodall.
Even after that they had a chance but Bassett headed over the bar.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester