GALLERY: Arran Mackey leads Hemingfords to glory as title race hots up
- Credit: Archant
An important point gained in a top-of-the-table Cambs League clash came at a huge cost for title-chasing Offord United last Saturday.
They lost winger Greg Cooper to a broken leg, which will sideline him for the rest of the season, in a 1-1 draw at Whittlesford Reserves in Newmarket Motor Company 4A.
Cooper was injured shortly after Offord had seen Damian Sharp’s opening goal cancelled out. Offord remain 10 points clear of Whittlesford, who have three games in hand, in the race for the title.
Two more Arran Mackey goals helped to keep table-topping Hemingfords in the thick of the Kershaw Senior A Division title race.
Jack Prime also netted in their 3-1 success at Ely City Reserves.
You may also want to watch:
Brampton claimed their first Kershaw Premier win for more than a month. Si Linnell and George Cresswell struck to sink Cherry Hinton 2-0.
Matthew Rothery hit the only goal as Brampton Reserves continued their attempt to escape from relegation bother in Newmarket Motor Company Division 2B with victory at Bluntisham Rangers Reserves.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
Needingworth left it late to sink Wimblington in the Kershaw Senior B Division.
Substitute Dan Powell struck the only goal with his first touch deep into injury time.
The club’s reserves claimed their biggest win of the season with a 7-1 romp at Walsoken in Newmarket Motor Company Division 5C.
It featured James Hodson’s first hat-trick in Needingworth colours. Matt Burroughs struck twice with Ryan Swales and Richard Wilson also getting in on the act.