Frustration for Goddy
Ridgeons League Division One Godmanchester Rovers 3 Gorleston 4 ROVERS finally found their goal touch but were left frustrated as mid-table Gorleston stole the points. This was only the second time in 32 league and cup matches that Godmanchester have sco
Ridgeons League Division One
Godmanchester Rovers 3 Gorleston 4
ROVERS finally found their goal touch but were left frustrated as mid-table Gorleston stole the points.
This was only the second time in 32 league and cup matches that Godmanchester have scored three times in a match but a hat-trick by visiting striker Peter Lambert broke home hearts.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston were first to settle and looked to have taken the lead when they had the ball in the net after three minutes but Lambert's header was offside.
Rovers responded after 12 minutes when Steve Thompson was hauled down in the area and Paul Bass slotted home to give them the lead.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 7 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 8 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The advantage lasted until the half-hour when Peter Lambert was allowed space to turn in the area to send a shot beyond Mark White in the home goal.
Four minutes later, Lambert out-jumped the home defence to give the visitors the lead.
The home side hit back immediately and two minutes before the break, Hayden Beasley beat his marker on the right to cross for Bass to head home.
Gorleston began the second half looking the stronger and within four minutes Lambert had completed his hat-trick as Godmanchester once again failed to defend a corner.
Just past the hour Godmanchester levelled through Lee Boon but the visitors snatched it when substitute Danny Western scored with his first touch on 71 minutes.