Frozen and waterlogged pitches postpone weekend games
FROZEN and waterlogged pitches have led to weekend football and hockey games including St Ives’ FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United being postponed. St Ives will now play against the side from near Middlesbrough
FROZEN and waterlogged pitches have led to weekend football and hockey games including St Ives’ FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United being postponed.
St Ives will now play against the side from near Middlesbrough at Westwood Road to decide who goes into the last eight of the FA Vase on Saturday 14.
Godmanchester Rovers’ away tie to Saffron Walden Town in the Ridgeons Division One on Saturday has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Three hockey games at the Ivo have been called off, with St Ives III v Spalding II, St Ives v St Neots and St Ives V v City of Peterborough VIII all being postponed for a later date.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United and St Neots Town v Holbeach United at Rowley Park in the UCL Premier Division are looking unlikely.
In the division below, the local derby between Huntingdon Town and Eynesbury Rovers at Jubilee Park is also likely to be postponed.
- 1 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 2 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 3 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 9 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl