Frozen and waterlogged pitches postpone weekend games
FROZEN and waterlogged pitches have led to weekend football and hockey games including St Ives’ FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United being postponed. St Ives will now play against the side from near Middlesbrough
FROZEN and waterlogged pitches have led to weekend football and hockey games including St Ives’ FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United being postponed.
St Ives will now play against the side from near Middlesbrough at Westwood Road to decide who goes into the last eight of the FA Vase on Saturday 14.
Godmanchester Rovers’ away tie to Saffron Walden Town in the Ridgeons Division One on Saturday has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Three hockey games at the Ivo have been called off, with St Ives III v Spalding II, St Ives v St Neots and St Ives V v City of Peterborough VIII all being postponed for a later date.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United and St Neots Town v Holbeach United at Rowley Park in the UCL Premier Division are looking unlikely.
In the division below, the local derby between Huntingdon Town and Eynesbury Rovers at Jubilee Park is also likely to be postponed.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 'She would help anyone' - Tributes to much-loved Tegan Luff
- 3 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 4 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 7 Hunts youngsters simply enjoying playing cricket again
- 8 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 9 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 10 Huntingdon care home is offering dementia advice