Frozen and waterlogged pitches postpone weekend games
FROZEN and waterlogged pitches have led to weekend football and hockey games including St Ives’ FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United being postponed. St Ives will now play against the side from near Middlesbrough
FROZEN and waterlogged pitches have led to weekend football and hockey games including St Ives’ FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United being postponed.
St Ives will now play against the side from near Middlesbrough at Westwood Road to decide who goes into the last eight of the FA Vase on Saturday 14.
Godmanchester Rovers’ away tie to Saffron Walden Town in the Ridgeons Division One on Saturday has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
Three hockey games at the Ivo have been called off, with St Ives III v Spalding II, St Ives v St Neots and St Ives V v City of Peterborough VIII all being postponed for a later date.
St Ives FA Vase Fourth Round tie against Marske United and St Neots Town v Holbeach United at Rowley Park in the UCL Premier Division are looking unlikely.
In the division below, the local derby between Huntingdon Town and Eynesbury Rovers at Jubilee Park is also likely to be postponed.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 5 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today