From the Forest to the Racecourse for new Huntingdon general manager Liam Johnson
- Credit: Archant
A new general manager has been appointed at Huntingdon Racecourse.
Liam Johnson will take on the role on Monday, July 4, it was announced this morning.
Johnson said: “I’m very pleased to have been given this opportunity at Huntingdon Racecourse.
“I have worked hard over the past 18 months as a trainee to develop the skill set required to step into a full general manager role.
“I am looking forward to working with the team at Huntingdon as well as in the East Region of Jockey Club Racecourses.”
Johnson has worked for Jockey Club Racecourses since 2014 with roles at Nottingham and Warwick racecourses during that time. His previous employers include Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Amy Starkey, Jockey Club Racecourses’ East Region director, said: “We are delighted to appoint Liam as the new general manager of Huntingdon Racecourse.
- 1 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 4 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 10 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
“An essential part of The Jockey Club fulfilling its mission to act for the long-term good of British racing is to help to keep developing the next generation of talent. Liam, who has reported to me during his traineeship, falls into that category having impressed us with his drive and commitment since joining the Group.”
Johnson succeeds Sian Williams, who has been in post since March 2015. She is moving to sister racecourse, Market Rasen, until the end of August when she leaves Jockey Club Racecourses to pursue a new venture.
The next fixture at Huntingdon is the ‘Family Funday’ on Sunday, October 2.