Foster delivers again as St Ives and St Neots both win
UCL Premier Division --- ST IVES TOWN 2-1 COGENHOE --- ST IVES Town were given a scare when Cogenhoe took the lead at Westwood Road with just twenty minutes left, but fought back to claim the three points. Will Fordham settled Ives nerves with a well-ex
UCL Premier Division ---
ST IVES TOWN 2-1 COGENHOE ---
ST IVES Town were given a scare when Cogenhoe took the lead at Westwood Road with just twenty minutes left, but fought back to claim the three points.
Will Fordham settled Ives nerves with a well-executed free kick on 79 minutes and Ozie Foster - building on his double strike at the weekend - netted the winner with just a minute left on the clock.
You may also want to watch:
The result continues Saints' impressive run in all competitions, and sets the team up for their crucial FA Vase Third Round meeting with Ely City on Saturday.
ST NEOTS TOWN 2-0 RAUNDS TOWN
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 5 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
A JOSH Sozzo double was enough to give St Neots Town the points in their UCL Premier encounter with Raunds Town.
Saints boss Steve Lomas shuffled his pack, making six changes from the weekend draw at Deeping, and the result was an uncoordinated first half.
Sozzo scored his first after winning a penalty on 23 minutes, but missed a second penalty just 15 minutes later.
He sealed the points for Neots early in the second half with a diving header from Daniel French's cross.