Former Saints go on trial
News snippets from St Neots Town
n AMERICAN defender Dallas Moore has been on trial at two Blue Square Bet Premier clubs over the past week after returning from a summer break in his homeland.
Moore, 20, who spent the second half of last season at Saints, featured for Lincoln City in their 2-1 reverse at Gainsborough Trinity on Tuesday night
He then turned out for a Cambridge United XI in their 6-0 win at St Ives Town on Wednesday night.
n MIDFIELDER Dominic Green, who finished last season on loan at the Saints, has been on trial at League One club Scunthorpe after being released by Peterborough United.
You may also want to watch:
n PETERBOROUGH United have unveiled Gavin Strachan as their new U18s manager.
Strachan, 32, an ex-Posh midfielder, spent the latter part of last season at St Neots.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
n LEE KEARNS – son of owner Mike – is Saints’ new managing director.
He initially joined back in February to oversee the operational side of the club following the departure of chairman John Delaney.
n A BRACE from skipper Lewis Webb alongside a Shane Tolley effort saw Saints beat Eynesbury Rovers 3-1 at Hall Road on Thursday night to lift the inaugural Gary Whitbread Memorial Trophy.
Ben Cole scored a second half consolation for the hosts, with �725 raised in aid of local charity Magpas.