Former Saints go on trial
News snippets from St Neots Town
n AMERICAN defender Dallas Moore has been on trial at two Blue Square Bet Premier clubs over the past week after returning from a summer break in his homeland.
Moore, 20, who spent the second half of last season at Saints, featured for Lincoln City in their 2-1 reverse at Gainsborough Trinity on Tuesday night
He then turned out for a Cambridge United XI in their 6-0 win at St Ives Town on Wednesday night.
n MIDFIELDER Dominic Green, who finished last season on loan at the Saints, has been on trial at League One club Scunthorpe after being released by Peterborough United.
n PETERBOROUGH United have unveiled Gavin Strachan as their new U18s manager.
Strachan, 32, an ex-Posh midfielder, spent the latter part of last season at St Neots.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Police dog helped find drugs and knife in Ramsey
- 3 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 7 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 8 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Buckden man gives his 100th blood donation
n LEE KEARNS – son of owner Mike – is Saints’ new managing director.
He initially joined back in February to oversee the operational side of the club following the departure of chairman John Delaney.
n A BRACE from skipper Lewis Webb alongside a Shane Tolley effort saw Saints beat Eynesbury Rovers 3-1 at Hall Road on Thursday night to lift the inaugural Gary Whitbread Memorial Trophy.
Ben Cole scored a second half consolation for the hosts, with �725 raised in aid of local charity Magpas.