It was a miserable Saturday for Huntingdonshire teams.

Dion Sembie-Ferris of St Neots Town in action against Weymouth. Picture: CLAIRE HOWESDion Sembie-Ferris of St Neots Town in action against Weymouth. Picture: CLAIRE HOWES

St Neots Town saw their five-match unbeaten run in the Southern League Premier Division come to an end when suffering home defeat at the hands of Weymouth.

Matt Clements' side were beaten 2-1 at the Premier Plus Stadium after conceding early goals in both halves.

Jonny Herd cut their arrears 19 minutes into the second period, but they couldn't claw their way back onto level terms.

And they were reduced to 10 men deep into stoppage time when Kyran Wiltshire was dismissed for collecting a second caution.

St Ives Town's difficult campaign continued when they were thumped 4-0 at Redditch in the Southern League Premier Division.

Ricky Marheineke's side, who handed a debut to emergency goalkeeping signing Matt Hill, suffered a fourth successive league defeat in the Midlands.

Hill's first touch of the ball was picking it out of his net after a third-minute opener from the hosts, who doubled their lead five minutes before the break.

And two further goals in quick succession during the final quarter-of-an-hour condemned Saints to a heavy loss.

Godmanchester Rovers saw their seven-match winning run come to an end yesterday.

Ollie Drake's men went down 5-2 at Brantham Athletic in a Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division clash.

Micky Hyem and Jack Chandler put Rovers ahead, but their lead was halved before the break and the home side then surged to victory in the second half.

Eynesbury were beaten by unbeaten leaders Leicester Nirvana in a big United Counties League Premier Division clash.

Rovers succumbed to a late goal as the visitors made the only breakthrough with four minutes to go at Hall Road.

The only local team to taste victory yesterday were Huntingdon Town. Youngster Ben Page climbed off the bench to hit a first senior goal as they won 1-0 at struggling S & L Corby in Division One of the United Counties League.

Page made the breakthrough deep into stoppage time at the end of the second half as the resistance of the rock-bottom hosts was finally broken.