Two local teams bowed out of national competitions today.

Godmanchester Rovers wideman Matty Allan scored in his side's FA Vase exit. Picture: J BIGGS PHOTOGRAPHYGodmanchester Rovers wideman Matty Allan scored in his side's FA Vase exit. Picture: J BIGGS PHOTOGRAPHY

St Neots Town were beaten 3-2 by Stourbridge in the second qualifying round of the FA Trophy.

All the goals arrived in the second half at the Premier Plus Stadium with Saints briefly ahead thanks to a Dion Sembie-Ferris strike.

A Jack Bradshaw effort then halved their arrears late on, but they were unable to find a leveller.

There was heartbreak for Godmanchester Rovers in the second round of the FA Vase.

Peter Clark hit one of the goals for St Ives Town.Peter Clark hit one of the goals for St Ives Town.

Ollie Drake’s men succumbed to a stoppage-time winner when going down 4-3 to Deeping Rangers at the David Wilson Homes Ground.

Jack Chandler, Matty Allan and Simon Unwin struck for Rovers in the first half as they came from behind to lead 3-1.

But they were powerless to prevent their Lincolnshire visitors from producing a turnaround after the break.

St Ives Town collected a first home success of the Southern League Premier Division season.

Ricky Marheineke’s side overcame fellow strugglers Dunstable Town 2-1 at ProEdge Westwood Road.

James Hall and Peter Clark hit St Ives’ goals in the opening period before their lead was halved during the second period, but they held on for a third league victory of the campaign.

And there were also victories for both local sides who play in the United Counties League.

Eynesbury were 4-3 winners at Northampton side ON Chenecks in a dramatic Premier Division clash.

They led 3-0 at half-time thanks to goals from Jack Uttridge, Dom Lawless and Declan Rogers and were 4-1 up with 20 minutes to go after substitute Nathan Westley marked his first-team debut with a goal.

The home side then struck twice to set up a tense finish, but Rovers held on for three points.

Huntingdon Town eased to a 4-0 home success against rock-bottom S & L Corby in Division One. Ben Panting and Corey Kingston struck in the opening period with Richard Baines and Christian Le both scoring for the second successive league match in the second period.