It’s been a busy midweek on the local non-league scene.

Ben Yeomans (right) brought up a century of league goals for Godmanchester Rovers during their win at Wroxham last Saturday. Picture: J BIGGS PHOTOGRAPHYBen Yeomans (right) brought up a century of league goals for Godmanchester Rovers during their win at Wroxham last Saturday. Picture: J BIGGS PHOTOGRAPHY

St Ives Town and Godmanchester Rovers have both been in action twice in three days as they clear big fixture backlogs.

Southern League Premier Division side Saints were beaten 2-0 by Chesham on Tuesday at ProEdge Westwood Road but they mounted a fine comeback in a 2-2 draw with Basingstoke last night.

Striker Dubi Ogbonna struck twice in the space of seven minutes – a fine free-kick followed by a penalty – as Ricky Marheineke’s men dragged themselves level in their penultimate outing of a tough campaign.

Godmanchester Rovers suffered a damaging Tuesday defeat as their hopes of finishing third in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division were dented.

Goalkeeper Phil Peachey was sent midway through the second half of a 3-0 home reverse at the hands of Stanway Rovers.

Ollie Drake’s side were already a goal down when Peachey was dismissed for handling outside of his box. Striker Ben Yeomans took over between the sticks.

Yeomans was back in his familiar position last night when hitting a hat-trick as Rovers delivered a smart response with a 5-1 success at Fakenham.

Leading scorer Jack Chandler and defender Charlie Bowen also found the net during the emphatic victory in Norfolk.

Eynesbury Rovers continued their smart run of United Counties League Premier Division form with a Tuesday triumph.

Mark Ducket’s men beat Northampton side ON Chenecks 3-2 at Hall Road to extend their unbeaten run to eight games in all competitions.

James Tricks tucked away a penalty to put Rovers ahead before their goalkeeper Aaron Butcher saved a spot-kick at the other end moments later.

The visitors did then level on the stroke of half-time, but an own goal and a Luis Vieira effort put Rovers in command in the second half. ON Chenecks hit a last-gasp consolation.

St Neots Town Reserves were pushed closer to relegation from Division One of the Spartan South Midlands League last night.

The struggling Saints second string were beaten 3-2 by a Bedford side who played with only 10 men for 70 minutes. That included an outfield player in goal following an injury to their keeper, Jack Mudge, who has also represented Eynesbury this season.

He was beaten by an early Ant Brolia penalty, but Bedford levelled just before half-time and then struck twice more in the space of seven minute in the second period.

Tom Mitchell headed a late consolation for the second-bottom Saints side who now look doomed after a difficult first season at this level.