St Ives Town suffered more Southern League Premier Division agony on an afternoon of drama at ProEdge Westwood Road.

Dion Sembie-Ferris levelled for St Neots Town at Frome. Picture: CLAIRE HOWESDion Sembie-Ferris levelled for St Neots Town at Frome. Picture: CLAIRE HOWES

Saints were beaten 2-1 by Tiverton as they went down to an eighth defeat in 11 league games so far this season.

But there were many reasons for manager Ricky Marheineke to be positive after seeing his men perform admirably with 10 men for almost 80 minutes following the early dismissal of goalkeeper James Goff.

The teenage loanee raced out to attempt to head clear, but was beaten to the ball by visiting forward Jordan Rogers.

The two players were involved in a sickening clash of heads with Goff red-carded and Rogers taken to hospital with serious facial injuries.

The game resumed following a 12-minute delay for Rogers to be treated with midfielder Lewis Hilliard deputising in goal for Saints.

The 10 men soon hit the front when little Ben Seymour-Shove rose high to head in a terrific James Hall cross.

Tiverton levelled as the half entered a long spell of stoppage time, but it wasn't until the 81st minute that Hilliard was beaten again as the Devon side finally managed to hit the front.

It was a cruel twist for a Saints side who belied their numerical disadvantage to deliver a fine display that was worthy of at least a point.

St Neots Town produced a fine fightback to draw 2-2 at Frome at the same level.

Saints fell behind three minutes before the break in Somerset and the deficit doubled eight minutes into the second half.

But Dylan Williams halved the arrears from the penalty spot just before the hour and Dion Sembie-Ferris levelled with 15 minutes to go.

It was a revival which will no doubt have cheered poorly boss Matt Clements, who missed the match. Number two Matty Haniver and coach David Bridges took charge of Saints in his absence.

Godmanchester Rovers continued their glorious Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division streak yesterday.

Jack Chandler hit both goals in a 2-0 victory against Thetford at the David Wilson Homes Ground as Ollie Drake's men roared to a sixth consecutive league success - a stunning run that has launched them into the top six in the standings.

Eynesbury suffered a second defeat of the United Counties League Premier Division season yesterday . . . and it was against the same opponents as the first.

Rovers were beaten 2-0 by Daventry Town at Hall Road with both of the visitors' goals arriving in the second half.

Huntingdon Town also drew a blank on home turf when being beaten 1-0 by Lutterworth Athletic in Division One at Jubilee Park.