FOOTBALL: Training opportunities at local clubs in pre-season
- Credit: Archant
A number of Cambs League teams are starting pre-season training.
Brampton, who boast a first-team in the Kershaw Premier Division and a reserve side in Division 2B, are holding Monday and Thursday sessions at their Memorial Playing Field base from 6.45pm.
Any prospective players are welcome to go along, or can call either first-team boss Wayne Ambler (07855 463707) or reserve manager Richard Argyll (07875707781) in advance.
St Ives Rangers will also have two senior sides in the coming season.
Their first-team, managed by Dominic Moody and Tom Baker, play in Division 1B while a successful Under 17 side will be stepping into the men’s game in Division 5B under the guidance of Sheldon Francis.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-season training for both teams begins next week. Sessions will run on Mondays (from July 3) and Wednesdays (from July 5) at Slepe Hall Field in Ramsey Road (6.30pm start).
Kershaw Senior A Division side Somersham Town are training on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7pm to 8.30pm) at their West End Ground.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'