FOOTBALL: Training opportunities at local clubs in pre-season
- Credit: Archant
A number of Cambs League teams are starting pre-season training.
Brampton, who boast a first-team in the Kershaw Premier Division and a reserve side in Division 2B, are holding Monday and Thursday sessions at their Memorial Playing Field base from 6.45pm.
Any prospective players are welcome to go along, or can call either first-team boss Wayne Ambler (07855 463707) or reserve manager Richard Argyll (07875707781) in advance.
St Ives Rangers will also have two senior sides in the coming season.
Their first-team, managed by Dominic Moody and Tom Baker, play in Division 1B while a successful Under 17 side will be stepping into the men’s game in Division 5B under the guidance of Sheldon Francis.
You may also want to watch:
Pre-season training for both teams begins next week. Sessions will run on Mondays (from July 3) and Wednesdays (from July 5) at Slepe Hall Field in Ramsey Road (6.30pm start).
Kershaw Senior A Division side Somersham Town are training on Tuesdays and Thursdays (7pm to 8.30pm) at their West End Ground.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 6 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 7 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson