Football League and National League sides chasing St Neots Town goal machine Tom Meechan
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Town hot-shot Tom Meechan is on the radar of Football League and Conference clubs.
The free-scoring frontman has spent time training with League Two outfit Crawley and National League promotion hopefuls Eastleigh in recent days.
Meechan slammed in 53 goals for Godmanchester Rovers last season and has continued to be prolific since stepping up two levels when making a summer switch to Saints.
He has struck 26 times in the current campaign and St Neots chairman Lee Kearns wants to keep hold of his star striker until the end of the season.
Kearns told The Hunts Post: “Tom has had a few days at Crawley and Eastleigh which we authorised.
You may also want to watch:
“Nothing has come from those spells as yet and it is a case of seeing where it goes and whether any firm offers are made.
“If that happens we will have to take a good look, but our priority right now is ensuring we stay in the Southern League Premier Division.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 6 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 7 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
“We need our leading scorer to help us do that and we want Tom to be here until the end of the season.”
Meechan is currently on contract with Saints.