Football Association investigate St Neots Town cup clash
- Credit: Archant
The Football Association have launched an investigation into an FA Cup tie involving St Neots Town.
Saints were involved in a 1-1 draw in a first qualifying round clash at lower-level Tilbury last Saturday.
The two teams were due to meet in a replay at the Premier Plus Stadium last night (Tuesday), but that match was postponed upon instruction from the FA.
Neither club, or governing body, have divulged further details on the matter, but it is understood to concern the registration of a St Neots player.
An FA spokesman said: “The replay was postponed due to an FA investigation - details of which will be announced in due course.”
You may also want to watch:
The club could face a fine and being thrown out of the competition if they did field an ineligible player.
St Neots had performed poorly against Ryman North Division opposition.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
They hit the front courtesy of a 33rd minute strike from Connor Hall after the ball had been laid into his path by Nathan Frater.
But they were pegged back seven minutes into the second half when a shot bounced awkwardly in front of debutant goalkeeper Andy Wilton, who arrived late last week from Dereham Town.
St Neots Town chairman Mike Kearns and manager David Batch could not be contacted by the Hunts Post yesterday.
St Neots travel to Hungerford in the Southern League Premier Division this Saturday.