ROWING: Successful spell for Huntingdon Boat Club
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Boat Club collected five wins at the recent Cambridge Autumn Regatta.
Evie Ray and Daniel Grant beat clubmates Milosz Wajda and Ross O'Kane to win the Junior 13 double sculls and there was more success in the Junior 14 bracket where Toby Ray and Archer Pigg triumphed in the boys' class and Libby Jackson and Macie Garnham prevailed in the girls' event. The latter duo were also racing up a year.
Daniel Fazackerley, Maksim Marjanovic, Alex Hunter and Ben Hunter landed the Junior 17 quad sculls with cox Ellie Garnham.
And there was success for the eight of Dan Heathcote, Edward Adams, Iain Rickerby, Chris Jones, mark Smith, Joe Hardman, George Lindsell-Mansbridge and Gwilym Andrew, along with cox Alice Ray.
Tom Starling impressed in defeat in the Junior 16 single sculls final after leading for much of the way only to be pipped late on.
You may also want to watch:
Three members of the victorious eight were also in winning form the previous weekend when taking part in the Ely Great Ouse Marathon event.
Adams, Smith and Rickerby joined forces with Andy Wood on that occasion to land the Masters C/D quad sculls honours with the fourth fastest time seen in any age group on the day.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home