Five-star showing for Hunts Gym Club at British Team Champs
FIVE Huntingdon Gymnastic Club girls claimed bronze at the Women s British Teams Championships in Guildford at the weekend. Emma White, Claire Stock, Tori Simpson, Lottie McKenna and Marissa King, of Huntingdon Gym Club s elite girls team, performed brill
FIVE Huntingdon Gymnastic Club girls claimed bronze at the Women's British Teams Championships in Guildford at the weekend.
Emma White, Claire Stock, Tori Simpson, Lottie McKenna and Marissa King, of Huntingdon Gym Club's elite girls team, performed brilliantly over the four different apparatus to take home the bronze medal behind Nottingham and Heathrow.
With the individual British Championships approaching, the result was a confidence boost for the team, as they prepare for the final qualifying competition for October's Commonwealth Games in Delhi. McKenna has already secured selection, with the four others in with a strong chance.
Huntingdon's Alex Hedges was a member of the East Region team that narrowly failed to defend the Voluntary Team trophy at the Setwork Challenge Cup two weeks ago.
HGC gymnasts James Cook, Patrick Murphy and Owen Harrison also played important roles for the East Region in attempting to retain the regional overall trophies.
With the three team-mates competing at different levels, Murphy's team won gold and he secured selection to the National reward squad, with Harrison's team taking silver as the East lost out in the Bob Currier trophy by just two points.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Plans for new Pightle land in Eaton Socon after generous donation
- 6 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
The East retained the Paul Blakebrough trophy for Best Region thanks to the contributions of four HGC members. Benji Eyre and Tony Duchars helped their level four team to gold, while Harrison Cooper-Lewis and William Mas did the same at level five.