Five-star showing for Hunts Gym Club at British Team Champs
FIVE Huntingdon Gymnastic Club girls claimed bronze at the Women s British Teams Championships in Guildford at the weekend. Emma White, Claire Stock, Tori Simpson, Lottie McKenna and Marissa King, of Huntingdon Gym Club s elite girls team, performed brill
FIVE Huntingdon Gymnastic Club girls claimed bronze at the Women's British Teams Championships in Guildford at the weekend.
Emma White, Claire Stock, Tori Simpson, Lottie McKenna and Marissa King, of Huntingdon Gym Club's elite girls team, performed brilliantly over the four different apparatus to take home the bronze medal behind Nottingham and Heathrow.
With the individual British Championships approaching, the result was a confidence boost for the team, as they prepare for the final qualifying competition for October's Commonwealth Games in Delhi. McKenna has already secured selection, with the four others in with a strong chance.
Huntingdon's Alex Hedges was a member of the East Region team that narrowly failed to defend the Voluntary Team trophy at the Setwork Challenge Cup two weeks ago.
You may also want to watch:
HGC gymnasts James Cook, Patrick Murphy and Owen Harrison also played important roles for the East Region in attempting to retain the regional overall trophies.
With the three team-mates competing at different levels, Murphy's team won gold and he secured selection to the National reward squad, with Harrison's team taking silver as the East lost out in the Bob Currier trophy by just two points.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 3 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
The East retained the Paul Blakebrough trophy for Best Region thanks to the contributions of four HGC members. Benji Eyre and Tony Duchars helped their level four team to gold, while Harrison Cooper-Lewis and William Mas did the same at level five.