Five star show
Sawtry under 11s claimed victory at their club s Fives Tournament on Sunday. The U11s entered two teams into the tournament, and both went unbeaten to finish top of their groups. The result meant they avoided each other in the semi finals. The Blue team f
Sawtry under 11s claimed victory at their club's Fives Tournament on Sunday.
The U11s entered two teams into the tournament, and both went unbeaten to finish top of their groups. The result meant they avoided each other in the semi finals.
The Blue team finally lost their first game of the day as they went down 3-1 to Fulbourn in a tightly contest semi final which went to extra time.
After overcoming PSV A 4-0, in the other semi final, Sawtry Yellow faced Fulbourn in the final.
You may also want to watch:
The Yellows had already beaten Fulbourn 2-0 in the group stages and took an early lead through Zack Fisher, only for Fulbourn to equalise a few minutes later.
When Fulbourn took the lead just before the end of normal time it looked like the South Cambs side had sealed their victory but another Fisher goal just seconds before the whistle sent the game into extra time.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 7 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
The tournament was finally settled when Fisher completed his hat trick and secured Sawtry's win.
The Yellow (pictured) team were Conor Gracey, Chris Alban, Jack Darke, Glyn Smith, Mike Raucci, Jake Howells, Zack Fisher, Josh Rosser.
The Blue team line up was: Hayden Bream, Jonny Hipwell, Ryan Smith, Lawrence Francis, Josh Bennis, Robert Graham, Chris Lawrence, and Connor Nash.