Five races in five days for Lomas
ST NEOTS Cycling Club star Justin Lomas has been on his bike for a busy five days of competitive cycling. Lomas s week began on the Sunday with a City Centre cycling event in Leicester to support the Special Olympics, where he took a creditable ninth spot
ST NEOTS Cycling Club star Justin Lomas has been on his bike for a busy five days of competitive cycling.
Lomas's week began on the Sunday with a City Centre cycling event in Leicester to support the Special Olympics, where he took a creditable ninth spot in the thirds and fourths race.
He followed this with an Army Cycle Union event at Upavon in Wiltshire, racing in severe wind condition around an airfield perimeter road. In the pack for much of the race, he broke clear with a small group only to be left in second spot by the width of a tyre at the finish.
On Tuesday he was at the Top Gear test track near Guildford in what turned into a very fast race. Lomas managed to make the break with the pack but could not sustain the push and had to settle for a finish in the middle of the field finish when the leaders broke away at the close.
In the VC Meudon series at Aldershot on Wednesday, Lomas contended with an oval one mile circuit, and with winds gusting riders reached speeds of up to 32 mph. Lomas battled hard to ride a strong race which brought a top ten finish.
To complete the punishing week, a tired Lomas then competed in the St Neots Club's mid-week time trial on Thursday, and needed a super effort to hold off the challenge of Paul Davis. Just 0.05 sec separated the riders at the line, with Stewart Horn third.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 3 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 4 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 5 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 6 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 10 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack