Mild weather makes it a merry Christmas for anglers
- Credit: ST IVES TACKLE SHOP
Many anglers have enjoyed some great fishing over the Christmas break especially with the extremely mild weather.
Mike Bartlett didn’t waste anytime and was straight out on Boxing Day for some piking on a local Fen drain.
Setting up early in the morning he was rewarded just before lunch with a cracking 15lb Pike which took a Herring tail float fished in the margins.
Gee Brown squeezed in one more session before the year was out on his syndicate lake in Sawtry, a Mirror Carp his reward on New Year's Eve.
His usual Stickybaits Krill produced the goods yet again.
St Ives Tackle Shop owners Mickey and Adam Bartlett headed into the Fens to do some drain piking on New Year's Day.
They had a great session landing several Pike between them to just into double figures, most of the fish falling for either float fished Lamprey or large smelt deadbaits.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 9 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
- 10 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
For more information on the fishing available in the area, either pop into the Houghton Hill-based shop or call 01480 468196.
Alternatively go to www.stivestackle.co.uk