WOMEN’S FOOTBALL: St Ives Town Ladies continue unbeaten start to Eastern Region Women’s League life - and Development side hit opponents for six
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town Ladies continued an unbeaten start to their debut Eastern Region Women’s League season last Sunday.
Darren Marjoram’s second-placed side breezed to a 4-0 success against strugglers Hatfield Peverel Ladies at Westwood Road.
Harriet Ford handed Saints the perfect start by breaking the deadlock in the first minute but that proved to be the only incident of note in an otherwise low-key opening half.
But Saints played with more purpose and intent in the second period when stretching their advantage with three further goals in the space of eight minutes.
Tierney Coulson, who struck four times in their previous game, provided the first of them before sisters Georgia and Katie Stancombe got in on the act.
You may also want to watch:
Midfielder Hannah Seymour-Shove took the player-of-the-match accolade for a Saints side who sit four points behind leaders Stevenage Reserves, but boast a game in hand.
Saints’ development team continued their Championship South title challenge in the Cambridgeshire Women’s League with a fourth successive victory last Sunday.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
Fran Chapman struck twice as Lisa Trigg’s side tamed Burwell Tigers 6-1. Jade Carpenter, Leah Culpin, Connie Liddiard and an own goal completed their haul.