Festival of Cricket at Godmanchester CC
COME AND PLAY: Godmanchester Cricket Club is holding a festival of cricket event on Sunday as a curtain-raiser to the new cricket season. The day involves a full programme of activities aimed at providing a day for the community to take part in and a netw
COME AND PLAY: Godmanchester Cricket Club is holding a festival of cricket event on Sunday as a curtain-raiser to the new cricket season.
The day involves a full programme of activities aimed at providing a day for the community to take part in and a networking opportunity for businesses.
Activities on offer include Sniper Cricket matches, a derivative of Kwik Cricket with target zones to aim for, sponsored running between the wickets and a variety of games round the boundary.
The event will be raising funds for the Chance to Shine charity and to help develop the club as a centre of excellence and gets under way at 9.30am.
Pictured are Godmanchester CC members Paul Swannell, Jamue Rice, Adrian Lemmon and club chairman James Leet preparing for the event.
INFORMATION: Godmanchester Cricket Club is situated in Park Lane, Godmanchester - turn off Cambridge Road into East Chadley Lane. The bar will be open all day until 11pm. More information from club chairman James Leet on 07895099417.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 3 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 4 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told