Fenstanton flying high
FENSTANTON go into tonight’s BIS League Division One play-off against Cambridge University Press Reserves having already secured Kershaw League Senior B football for next season.
FENSTANTON go into tonight’s BIS League Division One champions verses champions match against Cambridge University Press Reserves knowing they will be playing Kershaw League Senior B football next season.
They host the Division 1A winners after securing the Division 1B title with a goalless draw at local rivals Elsworth Sports last Tuesday.
This season’s Hunts Benevolent Cup victors rounded off their regular fixtures with a 3-2 win at Cottenham United Reserves on Saturday, while they suffered only their second league reverse of the campaign – 2-0 at second-placed St Ives Rangers 48 hours earlier.
Next season will be the highest level that Fenstanton have played at in their history and is also a huge personal achievement for manager Dom Moody – his fourth trophy with the club in two seasons.
You may also want to watch:
He also claimed the BIS League Division 4B and the Hunts Lower Junior Cup with Fenstanton Reserves last season.
Kick-off for the game against Cambridge University Press tonight (Wednesday) is 6.45pm.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
? Meanwhile, Needingworth United’s place in the Kershaw Senior A was assured for next season at the weekend – that despite them not even kicking a ball.
Other results going in their favour meant they finished in 11th position, ahead of an expected push for honours next season.