FA need time to decide outcome of non-league football season
- Credit: DANNY LOO
The FA says they will need time to untangle and analyse the voting intentions of non-elite, non-league football clubs before they decide the outcome of the current season.
The survey they sent out attracted almost total responses from clubs in the Southern, Isthmian and Northern Premier leagues and 95.8 per cent of clubs at steps five and six of the non-league pyramid.
And that response means there is plenty to think about before deciding if the league will carry on in some format or be declared null and void for the second successive season.
The FA said: "Our alliance and leagues committees now have a large amount of data and information to consider before determining a proposed way forward.
"Ultimately any proposal made by the committees will be put to our council for consideration. The council will then make any final decision on a way forward.
"The alliance and leagues committees recognise the desire for clubs to be updated whilst these issues are being carefully considered.
"Therefore, both committees commit to providing updates to leagues and clubs as the process progresses; and remain mindful of the difficulties faced by clubs at present."
- 1 Large scale vaccine centre to open in St Neots today (Friday)
- 2 St Ives murder: victim named
- 3 St Ives murder: man charged
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Inquest into deaths of St Neots brother and sister opened today
- 6 Plans to repair iconic clock tower at the centre of the village
- 7 More cash agreed for St Neots earmarked for town centre improvements
- 8 Jean's Fenstanton fundraising stall raises thousands of pounds
- 9 More Readers' Photos
- 10 Man hit takeaway worker with umbrella in racist coronavirus attack