St Ives Town and St Neots Town both given home ties after draw for FA Trophy third qualifying round
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Both St Ives Town and St Neots Town have been handed home ties after the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Trophy was made.
Ives will host a fellow step three side in Northern Premier League Premier Division Stafford Rangers at Westwood Road while St Neots get another Northern Premier League side, Division One South East Worksop Town, like them a step four side.
Stafford are struggling this season and are bottom after five games with just one point.
Worksop meanwhile came through 5-4 on penalties after a 4-4 draw with Ramsbottom United, needing an equaliser in the 87th minute having been 3-0 up after just 22 minutes.
St Neots in contrast cruised through 4-1 at Bedworth United.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of this round will receive £2,450 from the prize fund while the losers pocket £625.
The match is scheduled to be played on Saturday, October 31.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Emergency Services at Brook Street in St Neots
- 10 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity