St Ives Town get road trip following FA Cup first qualifying round draw
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town will open up their FA Cup campaign for the new season on the road after the draw for the first qualifying round was made.
The Southern League Premier Division Central side will go to Brantham Athletic for the match on Tuesday, September 22.
The Blue Imps are based west of Colchester and play their football in the Eastern Counties Premier Division, two levels before Ives.
They were sixth when the season was declared null and void last season and have started this campaign with two wins on the road.
They reached the second qualifying round two seasons ago and made it this far with a penalty-shootout win over Benfleet in the extra-preliminary round and a 1-0 success over Great Wakering Rovers on Saturday.
Saints also went further than ever before in 2018-2019 when they lost to York City in the third qualifying round.
They start their league season on Saturday at home to Biggleswade Town.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman