St Ives Town get road trip following FA Cup first qualifying round draw
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Town will open up their FA Cup campaign for the new season on the road after the draw for the first qualifying round was made.
The Southern League Premier Division Central side will go to Brantham Athletic for the match on Tuesday, September 22.
The Blue Imps are based west of Colchester and play their football in the Eastern Counties Premier Division, two levels before Ives.
They were sixth when the season was declared null and void last season and have started this campaign with two wins on the road.
They reached the second qualifying round two seasons ago and made it this far with a penalty-shootout win over Benfleet in the extra-preliminary round and a 1-0 success over Great Wakering Rovers on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Saints also went further than ever before in 2018-2019 when they lost to York City in the third qualifying round.
They start their league season on Saturday at home to Biggleswade Town.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess