Eynesbury Rovers march on but St Neots Saints make their FA Vase exit.
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers’ frontmen fired them to FA Vase success today.
Lee Bassett bagged a brace to secure a 3-1 victory over Fakenham in the second qualifying round after recent recruit Chris Francis continued his hot streak to open the scoring at Hall Road.
Francis struck for the fifth time in three games to fire Rovers ahead after seven minutes.
Bassett doubled the lead seven minutes before the break, but Fakenham halved their arrears soon after.
And it wasn’t until Bassett bagged his second goal with two minutes remaining that Eynesbury’s passage was secured.
You may also want to watch:
St Neots Saints bowed out of the FA Vase following a 7-0 loss at higher-level Mildenhall.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion