Eynesbury Rovers back on the winning trail as road to Wembley leads to three points
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers returned to winning ways with their 3-1 success at Wembley moving them up to third in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
Rovers dominated possession throughout but Wembley almost took an early lead when a free-kick from Rowan Larrington hit the post.
The first-half ended goal-less, Jordan Brown and Craig Daniel both going close as the visitors pressed.
And they kept up their barrage in the second period, eventually taking the lead on 68 minutes when Brown converting a cross from Kelvin Osei-Addo, who had earlier struck a post.
Joel Ives got his first for the club 11 minutes later with a shot from 18 yards but Wembley struck back with a goal a minute later, Yassine Fehmi-Gil the scorer.
You may also want to watch:
However, substitute Andre Olukanmi pounced in stoppage time with his first goal to seal the points.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed