Eynesbury Rovers go top after hitting Edgware Town for four
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers moved top of the SSML Premier Division after a 4-0 victory over Edgware Town.
It was their third straight win with all four goals coming in the second half.
The first came four minutes after the restart, a free-kick from deep on the right causing problems and put past the keeper by an Edgware head.
That was with Rovers down to 10-men, Jack Uttridge off the field in the sin-bin, but three minutes he was back to see James Hatch set up Craig Daniel for a 20-yard strike and a 2-0 lead.
Daniel repeated the trick just before the hour mark to put the game beyond Edgware’s reach and twice Fraser Siddall made good saves to deny Jordan Brown from extending the lead further.
You may also want to watch:
He was powerless to stop Kelvin Osei-Addo’s volley though from making it 4-0 with seven minutes to go and it was almost five minutes later but Ashley Fuller’s shot hit the bar.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'