Eynesbury Rovers bow out of FA Cup after defeat to Ely City
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers saw their FA Cup dreams fade and die after a 3-1 defeat at Ely City.
Both sides failed to create too many chances in the first-half although the difference was the hosts took one of the few that came their way.
That arrived on the half-hour when a corner by Jamie Alsop was headed down into the path of Josh Townsend and he scored from close range.
Rovers started the second-half brightly but couldn’t find the net.
Jaiden Irish had a long-range shot saved and both James Hatch, Jordan Brown and Robert Ducket were all of target with efforts.
And to rub salt into the wounds Ely made it two on 65 minutes, Harry Bullinaria taking advantage of a gift, and they wrapped it up two minutes from time thanks to Jordan Foster.
There was still time for Brown, making his 150th appearance for the club, to score in the first minute of stoppage time but it was too little, too late for the visitors.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman