Eynesbury Rovers bow out of FA Cup after defeat to Ely City
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury Rovers saw their FA Cup dreams fade and die after a 3-1 defeat at Ely City.
Both sides failed to create too many chances in the first-half although the difference was the hosts took one of the few that came their way.
That arrived on the half-hour when a corner by Jamie Alsop was headed down into the path of Josh Townsend and he scored from close range.
Rovers started the second-half brightly but couldn’t find the net.
Jaiden Irish had a long-range shot saved and both James Hatch, Jordan Brown and Robert Ducket were all of target with efforts.
You may also want to watch:
And to rub salt into the wounds Ely made it two on 65 minutes, Harry Bullinaria taking advantage of a gift, and they wrapped it up two minutes from time thanks to Jordan Foster.
There was still time for Brown, making his 150th appearance for the club, to score in the first minute of stoppage time but it was too little, too late for the visitors.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 8 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess