Eynesbury Rovers begin a busy end to the United Counties League season in successful style
- Credit: Archant
Eynesbury launched a hectic United Counties League Premier Division run-in with a notable success yesterday.
Rovers eased to a 3-1 success at fellow top-six side Holbeach United in the first of six games in the space of just 14 days.
Teenage talent Rhys Thorpe fired the Hunts Senior Cup runners-up into an early lead in South Lincolnshire, but the hosts levelled just after the half-hour.
Lee Bassett restored Eynesbury’s advantage seconds before the break and Joe Bradbury clinched victory with seven minutes to go.
Mark Ducket’s men climbed into fourth place courtesy of this victory and face a quick return to action.
You may also want to watch:
They host strugglers Boston Town at Hall Road tomorrow night (Monday) before going to relegated Huntingdon on Wednesday.
St Neots Town and Godmanchester Rovers both saw their scheduled home matches postponed yesterday due to waterlogged pitches.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Saints’ clash against Chesham in the Southern League Premier Division will now take place on Tuesday, April 26 with Rovers’ date against Brantham in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division being rearranged for Monday, April 25.