Eynesbury Rovers 3 Olney Town 1
EYNESBURY ROVERS boosted their stuttering form with a win over Olney Town at Hall Road on Saturday. Rovers made a dream start as Scott Kingsbury fired them ahead after 34 seconds, blasting in his free kick from the left after Jamie Graham was fouled. Gra
EYNESBURY ROVERS boosted their stuttering form with a win over Olney Town at Hall Road on Saturday.
Rovers made a dream start as Scott Kingsbury fired them ahead after 34 seconds, blasting in his free kick from the left after Jamie Graham was fouled. Graham came close when he volleyed Peter Collin's flicked header but the ball was pushed away for a corner kick.
Dan Tyler headed narrowly over the bar and at the other end Clarke Abrams had a clear opportunity to score but Dave Beeny was quickly off his line to parry his shot with the striker putting the loose ball over the bar. Abrams then combined with Scott Wrighting, who drew the visitors level two minutes before the break.
After the restart Wrighting wasted a good opportunity to put the visitors ahead as he shot over after Benny parried his shot and Kingsbury twice shot wide for the hosts.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were struggling to beat a resilient Olney side and it was Graham who finally broke the deadlock from the penalty spot after 72 minutes after being pulled by Adam Lothian. Chris Brown's overhead kick went over the bar and Kingsbury shot wide before Graham sealed the points for the hosts in the final minute, with his second penalty and 28th goal of the season ensuring the win after Chris Brown was hauled down by Guy Stewart.
Eynesbury Rovers will not be promoted to the UCL Premier Division this year. They sit fifth in the table and 10 points adrift on second placed Deventry United with just three games remaining. They next host Rushden and Higham United on Saturday.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home