Eynesbury beaten at Rothwell
Boothby goal not enough for Rovers
A SECOND half comeback by Rothwell Town sent Eynesbury Rovers to a 2-1 defeat in UCL Division One on Saturday.
Both sides had chances in a lively opening, with Lee Bassett hitting the post with a free kick for Eynesbury.
Rovers led at the break with an Adam Boothby goal half an hour in after Bassett’s cross-field pass had set him up to net with a low shot.
Rothwell levelled four minutes into the second half through Kieran Linnett’s penalty after Dan Woodhead brought down Luke McAuley.
The woodwork again denied Bassett for the visitors.
Defender Paul Rice won it for Rothwell after 79 minutes, converting Adam Loake’s free kick to the near post.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Eynesbury host Buckingham on Saturday before entertaining Potton on Easter Monday.