GOLF: Pritchard prevails in play-off to claim St Ives crown
- Credit: Archant
Great friends became big rivals for the Ladies Championship crown at St Ives Golf Club.
Emma Pritchard saw off Cambs & Hunts County captain Paula Ewing in a two-hole play-off for the crown after they finished tied on a gross score of 164 after two rounds.
St Ives lady captain Lol Lewis finished in third on 182 with her predecessor, Claire Pendle, taking fourth place with a 194 effort.
Lewis was successful in another hotly-contested event - the Grannies Trophy.
As the name suggests, players have to be a grandmother to be eligible, and Lewis saw off the competition with a Stableford score of 36.
Anne Wandsworth won the Past Captains' Plate with a gross score of 81 to lift a trophy donated by another former captain, Biddy Wade.
Wandsworth, who was captain in 2003, pipped 2009 skipper Theresa Norris on countback.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 3 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 4 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 5 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
Monthly medal honours in May went to Celia Greenaway (Division One, 76), Marie Woodall (Division Two, 76), June Rowland (Division Three, 84) and Hayley Hackney (Division Four, 77).
Lewis took the Division One prize in June with an 80. Other winners were Sue Peters (Division Two, 80), Nicky Cope (Division Three, 88) and Norris (Division Four, 81).