GOLF: Pritchard prevails in play-off to claim St Ives crown
- Credit: Archant
Great friends became big rivals for the Ladies Championship crown at St Ives Golf Club.
Emma Pritchard saw off Cambs & Hunts County captain Paula Ewing in a two-hole play-off for the crown after they finished tied on a gross score of 164 after two rounds.
St Ives lady captain Lol Lewis finished in third on 182 with her predecessor, Claire Pendle, taking fourth place with a 194 effort.
Lewis was successful in another hotly-contested event - the Grannies Trophy.
As the name suggests, players have to be a grandmother to be eligible, and Lewis saw off the competition with a Stableford score of 36.
You may also want to watch:
Anne Wandsworth won the Past Captains' Plate with a gross score of 81 to lift a trophy donated by another former captain, Biddy Wade.
Wandsworth, who was captain in 2003, pipped 2009 skipper Theresa Norris on countback.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
Monthly medal honours in May went to Celia Greenaway (Division One, 76), Marie Woodall (Division Two, 76), June Rowland (Division Three, 84) and Hayley Hackney (Division Four, 77).
Lewis took the Division One prize in June with an 80. Other winners were Sue Peters (Division Two, 80), Nicky Cope (Division Three, 88) and Norris (Division Four, 81).