Emerging talent impress as Hunts Under 25 ‘A’ team secure runners-up finish in the Reg Wright Trophy
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Under 25 ‘A’ team signed off in style by snatching second place in the Reg Wright Trophy southern standings.
They went into battle at Chatteris last Sunday knowing they needed to overcome Suffolk B by at least 32 shots to earn the runners-up finish - but they managed an even bigger success when triumphing on all three rinks to secure an 83-42 verdict.
The Hunts Under 25 ‘B’ team gave a good account of themselves in their final outing against title-winners Suffolk A.
The ‘B’ side lost all five of their fixtures, but made plenty of progress during the summer.
Delighted Hunts team manager, Alan Blackley, said: “I am very proud of each of the 32 players who have represented the ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams in the competition.
“We fielded a seven-year-old and two nine-year-olds, and all players bowled with a maturity beyond their years.
“We were often robbed of some of our more experienced bowlers due to other commitments, but still managed a good showing which we hope to build on next year.”
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 7 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 8 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 9 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
- 10 First breast-feeding friendly venue announced for St Neots
REG WRIGHT TROPHY
Hunts A 83, Suffolk B 42
Hunts rinks: Rebecca Moorbey/Mark Franklin/Kieran Murray won 33-14, Kane Phillips/Matt Herbert/Ed Elmore won 26-13, Sophie Purell/Robbie Barker/Toby Furzeland won 24-15.
Hunts B 47, Suffolk A 82
Hunts rinks: Amy Avory/Ross Martin/Hayden Moorbey lost 19-22, Matt Nickerson/Jack Ward/Harry Ward lost 18-21, Jack Squire/Bradley Herbert/Sam Nickerson lost 10-39.