Emerging talent impress as Hunts Under 25 ‘A’ team secure runners-up finish in the Reg Wright Trophy
- Credit: Archant
The Hunts Under 25 ‘A’ team signed off in style by snatching second place in the Reg Wright Trophy southern standings.
They went into battle at Chatteris last Sunday knowing they needed to overcome Suffolk B by at least 32 shots to earn the runners-up finish - but they managed an even bigger success when triumphing on all three rinks to secure an 83-42 verdict.
The Hunts Under 25 ‘B’ team gave a good account of themselves in their final outing against title-winners Suffolk A.
The ‘B’ side lost all five of their fixtures, but made plenty of progress during the summer.
Delighted Hunts team manager, Alan Blackley, said: “I am very proud of each of the 32 players who have represented the ‘A’ and ‘B’ teams in the competition.
You may also want to watch:
“We fielded a seven-year-old and two nine-year-olds, and all players bowled with a maturity beyond their years.
“We were often robbed of some of our more experienced bowlers due to other commitments, but still managed a good showing which we hope to build on next year.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
REG WRIGHT TROPHY
Hunts A 83, Suffolk B 42
Hunts rinks: Rebecca Moorbey/Mark Franklin/Kieran Murray won 33-14, Kane Phillips/Matt Herbert/Ed Elmore won 26-13, Sophie Purell/Robbie Barker/Toby Furzeland won 24-15.
Hunts B 47, Suffolk A 82
Hunts rinks: Amy Avory/Ross Martin/Hayden Moorbey lost 19-22, Matt Nickerson/Jack Ward/Harry Ward lost 18-21, Jack Squire/Bradley Herbert/Sam Nickerson lost 10-39.