Ellie is top Gunner with lots of ambition
ENGLAND hopeful Ellie Butterwick was presented with the Player of the Season award for Arsenal U12s ladies football team. The 12-year-old midfielder was Arsenal s top scorer this season and she was presented with her award by England and Arsenal senior la
ENGLAND hopeful Ellie Butterwick was presented with the Player of the Season award for Arsenal U12s ladies football team.
The 12-year-old midfielder was Arsenal's top scorer this season and she was presented with her award by England and Arsenal senior ladies team captain Faye White.
Father Andy Butterwick said: "I'm really proud of her. Arsenal have the best ladies football teams in the country and she couldn't be playing any higher than she is now. Next season the England scouts will be watching her and looking for players for the national U15s side. We've got a lot of hope for her."
Butterwick, from Huntingdon, started playing football when she lived in New Zealand in 2000 when she was five. She developed her skills playing mixed football with boys and, shortly after returning home in 2004, she was selected for Rushden and Diamonds.
You may also want to watch:
She spent two seasons at the Northants club but was spotted by Arsenal scouts when playing for Huntingdon Rowdies. Butterwick has just finished her first season with Arsenal and has been selected to play for the club's U14s ladies team next season.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k