GOLF: Hot prospect Hayden proves he is a ‘Diamond’ in first tournament
- Credit: Archant
A young St Ives (Hunts) Golf Club sensation is starring on the fairways . . . at the age of eight.
Hayden Beary has already enjoyed his first tournament success after being the leading boy in his category when competing in his first Shires Junior Golf Tour event earlier this month.
Beary carded a score of 50 over nine holes at Kingsthorpe Golf Club, Northampton, in the ‘Diamond’ section for players with handicaps between 45 and 54
Matt Leach, the PGA coach at St Ives (Hunts) Golf Club, said: “It’s been very obvious from when I first starting coaching Hayden that he is a star of the future.
“He has a real talent for the game and is full of energy and enthusiasm. I’m sure this will be the first of many successes for him.”
You may also want to watch:
Beary only took up the game in January and is one of a promising band of young players regularly taking to the St Ives (Hunts) course.
Junior memberships at the club are available for £50 per year. Further information at www.stivesgolfclub.co.uk
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 9 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 10 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need