Eight golds at first champs for First Strokes
GODMANCHESTER’s First Strokes Swimming Club bagged eight gold medals on their debut in the Cambridgeshire Development Championships.
GODMANCHESTER’S First Strokes Swimming Club bagged eight gold medals on their debut in the Cambridgeshire Development Championships.
In total, the 14 swimmers that took part collected 22 medals in competition against much larger clubs.
Three athletes picked up double gold medals for the club: Lucy McKinnell in the 50m backstroke and 50m freestyle, Kerry Baird in the 50m backstroke and freestyle, and Jake Alsford in the 50m backstroke and 50m breaststroke.
McKinnell also won bronze medals in the 100m breaststroke and 100m backstroke, and Baird took silver in the 100m breaststroke and 100m freestyle.
Thalia Clitheroe won gold in the 50m freestyle, and Sophie Batchelor won gold in the 50m breaststroke.
- 1 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
Other medallists included Ellie Rogers (silver in 100m IM, 200m, 100m backstroke and bronze in 200m freestyle), Rebecca Keene (silver 50m freestyle and bronze 50m breaststroke), William Steel (silver 50m breaststroke), Jake Bennett (bronze 200m freestyle), James Cowin (bronze 50m freestyle) and Julia Gillman (bronze 20om freestyle).