Edwards' England lose unbeaten record
CHARLOTTE Edward s will lead the England Ladies Cricket team into the World Cup Final against New Zealand despite losing their 17 game unbeaten run to Australia yesterday (Thursday 19). England lost by eight wickets to the tournament hosts at the North Sy
CHARLOTTE Edward's will lead the England Ladies Cricket team into the World Cup Final against New Zealand despite losing their 17 game unbeaten run to Australia yesterday (Thursday 19).
England lost by eight wickets to the tournament hosts at the North Sydney Oval but had already booked their final place after convincing wins over Pakistan and the Kiwis earlier in the super sixes stage. On Sunday they will replay New Zealand for the final and hope to beat them again to bring the World Cup back to England for the first time in 16 years.
Edwards, 29, from Pidley, is taking part in her fourth World Cup but is in the final for her first time. She knows the team have already shown they have the quality to win but will need a better performance than their defeat to Australia.
Edwards branded the Australia defeat "the worst game of cricket" they had played in a year.
You may also want to watch:
"Hopefully this is a blip. This was the worst game of cricket we have played in a year. It had to come at some point and I'm glad it's not Sunday," she said.
"Any England-Australia game is a big game, so no excuses from us. We were beaten by a great Australian team today, who played really good cricket. We just weren't up to it.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer