Eaton Socon youngsters impress
- Credit: Archant
Eaton Socon’s youngsters took centre stage with impressive performances at the weekend.
The 14-year-old Jacob Watling claimed a maiden five-wicket haul as the second team took on Waresley at home on Saturday, holding them to 180-9.
Watling finished with impressive figures of 5-20 before the heavens opened and the game was drawn.
Sunday saw Eaton Socon take on Lakenheath in the National Village Cup and 16-year-old Olly Jeffries hit 83 off 69 balls to set up a 48-run victory.
Jeffries followed his batting heroics with 3-14, as Roan Haarhoff claimed 3-22, to send Eaton through to the next round this coming Sunday, when they visit Worlington.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s juniors started their league competition last Thursday as the under-15s eased to a convincing nine-wicket home win against Upwood after Luke Ashwell claimed three wickets without conceding a run.
The first team saw their fixture pushed back until August Bank Holiday after a Covid scare for scheduled opponents St Giles.
- 1 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 4 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 5 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 6 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
They are due to play host to Cambridge this Saturday.