Eaton Socon Cricket Club all set for new season
- Credit: EATON SOCON CC
Eaton Socon believe they are in the perfect position ahead of the new Cambs & Hunts Premier League Division One season
The Peppercorns Lane-based cricket club go to Wisbech Town on Saturday fresh off the back of solid pre-season.
The first team beat East Anglian Premier League Burwell and only suffered a last over defeat at Woolpit on Sunday.
A spokesman for Eaton Socon said: "Both sides were very strong so it's a great workout for us. The batsmen all got runs and the bowlers got overs under their belts on flat wickets.
"Burwell were almost at full strength and Woolpit had a very strong side out with many Suffolk minor counties players."
But Eaton Socon have strength in depth too for this season with two new recruits from the West Indies.
Daniel Wilings and Travis Harrison are still adapting to both the UK weather and the tracks and the club should also have Joe Watling and Tom Banks available. increasing the competition for places.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 4 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
The second team also lost a nail-biting last over game at Kimbolton but can be pleased with the performance in the one-wicket loss, fielding a side that included five U15s.
They have a trip to Waresley for another friendly.