Eaton Socon Cricket Club all set for new season
- Credit: EATON SOCON CC
Eaton Socon believe they are in the perfect position ahead of the new Cambs & Hunts Premier League Division One season
The Peppercorns Lane-based cricket club go to Wisbech Town on Saturday fresh off the back of solid pre-season.
The first team beat East Anglian Premier League Burwell and only suffered a last over defeat at Woolpit on Sunday.
A spokesman for Eaton Socon said: "Both sides were very strong so it's a great workout for us. The batsmen all got runs and the bowlers got overs under their belts on flat wickets.
"Burwell were almost at full strength and Woolpit had a very strong side out with many Suffolk minor counties players."
But Eaton Socon have strength in depth too for this season with two new recruits from the West Indies.
Daniel Wilings and Travis Harrison are still adapting to both the UK weather and the tracks and the club should also have Joe Watling and Tom Banks available. increasing the competition for places.
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
The second team also lost a nail-biting last over game at Kimbolton but can be pleased with the performance in the one-wicket loss, fielding a side that included five U15s.
They have a trip to Waresley for another friendly.