Eaton Socon beat Waresley to win Heritage Cup
EATON Socon lifted the Bedfordshire Heritage Cup for the first time with victory over Waresley
Heritage Cup Final EATON Socon lifted the Bedfordshire Heritage Cup for the first time in the club’s history by comfortably defeating neighbours Waresley by six wickets in the final at Potton.
Each team faced 15 eight-ball overs in the match, with Waresley totalling 101 all out in 14.2 overs. Only former Eaton batsmen Matt Rawlings (27) and Paul Field (34) reached double figures in the Waresley effort.
Jon Carpenter (5-16) taunted the Waresley batsmen from his first delivery and proved too good on the night. He got good support from Matt Childerley (3-34), but just as important was the high standard of the Eaton fielding that supported the bowling attack to the full.
Eaton openers Terry Day (22) and Carpenter (19) got the reply off and running against Waresley’s opening spinners but after eight overs Waresley turned to pace.
You may also want to watch:
Both openers were dismissed but the run rate accelerated with the arrival of Carl Baker (30), who scored his runs in 14 deliveries. That left Joe Dawborn (16*) and David Unwin (8*) the task of finishing, and they took their team to the win at 104-4 with five balls to spare.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 5 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k