Eastern Counties title is a bonus for Hunts AC man Bruce
- Credit: Archant
Hunts AC have a new champion.
Bruce Grimley won the M60 age bracket in the Eastern Counties Vetereans’ Championships.
Grimley clocked 33:29 for a five-mile course at the event which was incorporated into the Wolverton 5 event in Milton Keynes.
Another of the club’s elder statesmen was in winning form at the Festive Forest Challenge near Bury St Edmunds.
Andy Richardson took the honours in the M50 category and was third overall in the off-road half marathon staged in West Stowe Country Park.
You may also want to watch:
There was also success for Hunts AC athletes at Wicksteed Park in the Kettering venue’s Charity Cup Open cross-country meet.
Siobhan Skinner led home Polly Smith for a Hunts AC one-two in the Senior Women’s event over a 4,900m course.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
That result completed a good few days for 17 year-old talent Smith who has been invited to attend an interview for a place at Oxford University.
Karen Cameron finished as the third-scoring Hunts lady to ensure they also scooped the team honours in the Senior Women’s section.
Jason Hart sampled success at Wicksteed Park by winning the Under 11 Boys race over 2,000m while Joey Croft added to the club’s medal haul with a silver in the Under 17 Men’s race over a 6,600m distance.
It was also a memorable event for sisters Lexi and Shannon Flockhart as they both collected silver medals in the Under 11 Girls and Under 15 Girls races which were staged over 2,000m and 4,300m courses respectively.