East Regon medals galore for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talents
- Credit: Archant
Two Huntingdon Gymnastics Clubs youngsters won all-around titles at the East Region Voluntary Championships.
Jake Jarman (13) and Niall Hooton (11) were the star turns among a contingent of seven Huntingdon gymnasts at the event in Ipswich.
Jarman stole the show in the Under 14 section by striking overall gold with a score of 75.40. He also added six medals on individual pieces of apparatus with golds on the pommel horse, parallel bars and high bars, silvers on rings and vault, and a bronze for his floor routine.
Christian Norman (13) picked up silver on the pommel horse in the same category.
Hooton was the dominant performer in the Under 12 section with a rings gold and silvers on floor, pommel horse and parallel bars adding to his overall crown.
Team-mates Ryan Cirino (11) and Kian Bell (12) also won three medals apiece in that section.
Cirino took a silver on vault and bronze medals on both the parallel bars and high bar while Bell won silver on high bar in addition to pommel horse and rings bronze medals.
- 1 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 2 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 3 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 4 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 5 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
- 6 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 7 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Bradley Cooper earned a vault gold and a rings bronze in the Under 10 section where Josh Papworth also performed consistently well.