East Regon medals galore for Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talents
- Credit: Archant
Two Huntingdon Gymnastics Clubs youngsters won all-around titles at the East Region Voluntary Championships.
Jake Jarman (13) and Niall Hooton (11) were the star turns among a contingent of seven Huntingdon gymnasts at the event in Ipswich.
Jarman stole the show in the Under 14 section by striking overall gold with a score of 75.40. He also added six medals on individual pieces of apparatus with golds on the pommel horse, parallel bars and high bars, silvers on rings and vault, and a bronze for his floor routine.
Christian Norman (13) picked up silver on the pommel horse in the same category.
Hooton was the dominant performer in the Under 12 section with a rings gold and silvers on floor, pommel horse and parallel bars adding to his overall crown.
You may also want to watch:
Team-mates Ryan Cirino (11) and Kian Bell (12) also won three medals apiece in that section.
Cirino took a silver on vault and bronze medals on both the parallel bars and high bar while Bell won silver on high bar in addition to pommel horse and rings bronze medals.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio
Bradley Cooper earned a vault gold and a rings bronze in the Under 10 section where Josh Papworth also performed consistently well.