DuBose leads Hunts AC vets team to third
Veteran athletes collect medals from Cambridge meet
WAYNE DuBose took three wins out of three at the Eastern Veterans League Three Counties Division match in Cambridge.
Competing in the M50 category, DuBose set a season’s best in the pole vault before winning the discus in the final round and topping the javelin standings.
There were other winners in Hunts AC’s 13-strong team, including William Bradley, who set a new M40 club record in the one-mile walk and Peter Downhill, who won the M40 800m and finished second in the 400m. Overall, the men’s team finished third on the night behind Milton Keynes and Bedford and remain in contention to qualify for the Eastern Veterans final in September.
For the women, Sue Cahill set a new club record in the W35 one-mile walk and achieved a five-metre win in the javelin.
You may also want to watch:
The standout performer for the women’s team was Sandra Pedley – just a month after returning to the sport for the first time since her school day – who set a veterans club record in the pole vault, took two seconds off her best 200m time and added nearly a foot to her triple jump best.
INFORMATION: If you are a man aged 40 or over, or a woman aged 35 or over, and are interested in getting involved in veteran athletics, see www.huntsac.org.uk.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 3 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 4 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 8 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'